During the New Games Leadership Workshops Dale teaches attendees the games and how to lead them with their group. Leading New Games is different than traditional sport. The workshop is very hands on, as participants practice leading the games with feedback from Dale. Then finish by leading an open session where family, friends, and the community are invited to give workshop participants a real-life experience of games leading.
At a workshop you will learn how to:
- Lead many New Games for groups
- Facilitate a new style of play that encourages freedom and creativity
- Integrate cooperative games with competition
- Use many New Games in your program
- Increase participation in your program of cooperative games by including people usually left out of more traditional sport programs
- Involve the community in your program
- Plan and organize successful, well attended events
- Adapt any cooperative games so that everyone can play
You will also experience these new ideas:
- Creating the play community
- The playful games leader
- Creative play
- Changing rules to meet players’ needs
- Soft War
- Energy Flow
- Trust games
I arrived feeling resentful that I had to get up so early and give up a weekend I badly needed for myself. After one game I knew I wouldn’t have missed it for anything.
Albany School District, California
Who Should Attend?
- Recreation Leaders
- Physical Education Instructors
- Community Organizers
- Personnel Directors
- Social Workers
- School Activities Coordinators
- Health Professionals, including physical therapists and mental health workers
- Religious Activities Directors
- Camp Directors
- Anyone who leads or is part of a group
In New Games, the goal is for everyone to have fun playing together. The people playing are the most important part of any game. Games are changed to meet players’ needs. As a result, the New Games concept can be used in any area of human relations to create a bond of trust, communication, and community.
When I drove my car back home Sunday evening I suddenly knew it: During the workshop I had the opportunity to play myself and you know what I found out? I liked myself! And this hasn’t happened for a long time! What I liked most about you? Your patience with us, your flexibility and your hesitation sometimes. You are not perfect, too! And you are not afraid to show this.”
Zonne and Schild in Amersfoort, Holland
To learn more, or book a workshop for your organisation or group, simply fill out the form below:
Some of Our Upcoming Events
New Games Leadership Workshop - UK
This is an opportunity to learn New Games by playing them! You will also learn how to lead the games, and when to use which ones. For teachers and group leaders for: school & after, youth, churches, Scouts, day care, park activities, meetings & more!
Thu June 27 09:30
New Games Introduction - UK
We will first learn about New Games by playing them & then look at what they are and how to use them. While our focus will be how to use the games in schools, the workshop is for ANYONE who leads groups, or who just wants to play! Contact Dale.
A comprehensive list of upcoming and past events is also available here.